Exciting opportunities for teachers, managers, student services and other ELT Professionals in NEAS Endorsed Centres.
Current Job Listings
Company: NEAS Australia
Location: Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide, Brisbane and Perth
Position: NEAS Quality Assurance Assessors
NEAS Quality Assurance Assessors (Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide, Brisbane and Perth)
NEAS is the Global Leader in Quality Assurance for the English Language Teaching (ELT) Community. We advance education by providing quality assurance services for everyone in the ELT Community.
The NEAS Quality Assurance Framework establishes and upholds high standards, supports centres in demonstrating quality in their programs and services, and provides guidance in continuous improvement processes.
NEAS provides a number of services that support the ELT Community. This includes quality assurance and endorsement for ELT Centres, professional development for teachers, managers and professional staff and approval of ELT teacher qualifications. NEAS also quality assures ELT Qualifications across all sectors and showcases best practice in the ELT Community through recognition of premium products and longstanding commitment to quality assurance.
NEAS is seeking the services of Quality Assurance Assessors based in Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide, Brisbane or Perth with a remit to undertake Quality Assurance visits and assessments in Australia and abroad.
Your duties will include managing Quality Assurance and Accreditation visits for ASQA, ELICOS and RTO’s, representing NEAS at conferences locally and overseas, the delivery of professional development workshops and seminars and participation in the annual NEAS Conference. Other work will include coordinating special projects and the delivery of consultancy services involving teacher qualifications and best practice in ELT.
To be considered you MUST have:
- A TAE Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (TAE40116)
- A Diploma in Quality Auditing Certificate (BSB50920)
- Current Working with Children Check
- Current National Police Check
- Advanced written and verbal communications skills
A background in teaching, management, compliance and quality assurance education will be highly regarded.
Please send through your CV and cover letter, REF: QUALITY ASSURANCE ASSESSOR to firstname.lastname@example.org
Company: International House
Location: Southport, Brisbane
Position: TESOL Teacher Trainer
We are looking for a Teacher Trainer for an immediate start. The teacher trainer is responsible for delivering the Cert IV TESOL course at our Sydney city and Gold Coast campuses. The incumbent in this role should also be flexible about teaching General English or exam classes when necessary and will also be responsible for curriculum development and delivery, assessment of student work and reporting results.
In this role you will:
Deliver the course content to trainees who are mostly non-native speakers and have little or no teaching experience.
Collaborate with other trainers to keep the course content relevant and up-to-date.
Assess trainee performance by marking assignments, observing teaching practice sessions and monitoring the trainees’ participation and involvement in the classroom activities.
Support trainees throughout the duration of the course by providing appropriate guidance for their peer teaching and teaching practice sessions.
Maintain records of assessments, attendance, update the TESOL database and enter results on the student management system.
Liase with co-trainers (when necessary) for assessment validation.
Keep yourself abreast of new and innovative tools and techniques in the ELT industry by attending PD sessions, conferences, seminars and engaging in professional collaboration with other teachers and trainers.
Start and finish each session on time.
Enforce the Student Contract (i.e. English only, no mobiles, being respectful, participating and no recording) and non-smoking rule (i.e. in the premises or by the entrance door) on all students.
Work collaboratively with the Student Services team (e.g. certificate requests)
Adopt a neat and cooperative approach to classroom and staffroom organisation and administration.
Place all books, CDs and resources on the correct shelves immediately after use.
Take work-related text messages within work hours, in and outside the staffroom.
Lock the staffroom if you are the last to leave at all times throughout the day.
Comply with all policies and practices of the college.
Other administrative and housekeeping duties as required by the Head Teachers, monitored by the DoS
What you’ll need to succeed:
Recognised and current TESOL qualifications
Cert IV in TAE 40116
Experience and qualified in teaching international EAL students
Strong IT skills and digital literacy experience
A passion for teaching and training
About International House Sydney:
IH Sydney Training Services helps students everywhere achieve internationally recognised qualifications that give our graduates a true advantage when seeking employment opportunities worldwide. Established in 1988, we are an industry leader in providing English language, Teacher Training and vocational business courses and are part of the International House World Organisation, comprising of 150 schools in 50 countries.
Julie Kabelacova – email@example.com
Company: John Paul International College
Position: Deputy Director
About the Role:
JPIC is seeking an experienced Academic administrator to lead its education programs as the Deputy Director of our awarded College and international school.
This role leads JPIC’s High School and Primary Preparation Programs and Overseas Student Journeys at the College. The position also maintains responsibility for the College homestay and study tour programs.
Fostering a positive growth culture, the role is responsible for continuous improvement agendas around curriculum, pedagogy and pastoral care and student journeys e.g. pre-arrival to graduation.
Reporting to the Director, John Paul International College, the Deputy leads a team of teachers and administrative staff. The position manages and implements timetabling requirements, teacher covers and all other academic administration. The successful candidate will also play a key role in Overseas Student safety and take and manage calls through the College’s 24/7 emergency hotline as required.
The Deputy Director, John Paul International College maintains a spirit and character that is supportive and recognises the worth of each student as an individual in accordance with the College Ethos.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate a commitment to innovative and strategic agendas, with a demonstrated record of positive stakeholder outcomes.
Your experience in a similar role, means you have a strong understanding of contemporary English as a Second Language teacher and learning practices and curriculum design. You will also hold a post-graduate qualification in TESOL / applied linguistic or similar.
Due to the nature of this role and the JPIC program, you will need to hold a current registration with the Queensland College of Teachers.
As the position oversees the College homestay program, experience with student accommodation, student protection measures and quality assurance processes will be looked upon favourably. The successful candidate will lead relationships with homestay families and have experience dealing with matters professionally and sensitively.
As an integral part of the International Team, the candidate will have a track record of team leadership, problem solving, a high level of organisation and the ability to make decisions under pressure. The candidate will be a systematic and lateral thinker, able to bring strategic objectives to fruition through project management skills. The successful candidate will be responsible for, or play a key role in, relevant regulatory requirements regarding Educational Services to Overseas Students.
Why work for us?
For the second year running, JPC has been awarded an Employer of Choice!
The Educator has recognised our initiatives to create a positive and inspiring working environment for our staff and students. Key measures and evidence included low turnover rates and high rates of tenure and employee engagement.
Here is some of the reasons why we are an Employer of Choice –
- Highly competitive salary
- Highly regarded Independent School
- Supportive and collaborative team environment
- An online Learning Management System to support teachers and students
- Staff Leadership development program
- Support for undertaking Highly Accomplished and Lead teacher certification
- Financial support available for post-graduate study
- Strong focus on professional development
- Employee Assistance Program
- Free access to College gym
- On-site car parking
- Paid co-curricular
- Barista quality coffee machine available
Learn More about why to Join the JPC Team here – https://www.jpc.qld.edu.au/about-jpc/wellbeing-program
Company: Australian Centre for Education within IDP Education Cambodia
Exciting teaching opportunities exist for fully-qualified native level English-speaking teachers at the Australian Centre for Education within IDP Education Cambodia at four campuses in Phnom Penh and one in Siem Reap. Children’s Program, Young Learners Program, General English Program, Business English Program and English for Academic Program teachers with at least one year experience are preferred as are teachers with current IELTS examiner status and teachers with experience using Moodle.
Details of Position
ACE is the largest, longest established, most respected, and best equipped ELT institute in Cambodia and has 200 teachers and over 20,000 students.
Would you like to teach in Phnom Penh or Siem Reap, in Cambodia, a country located in the heart of South East Asia and ASEAN? There are exciting teaching opportunities for fully qualified native level English-speaking teachers at the Australian Centre for Education Cambodia at three campuses in Phnom Penh and one in Siem Reap province.
Phnom Penh is a bustling city that is developing fast, with excellent facilities for foreigners, and perhaps the best, and cheapest restaurants in South East Asia. Siem Reap was voted a top Tourist Destination of 2015, and is a delightful place to live and work, with the magnificent temples of Angkor just a short ride away. The spirit and essence of old French Indo-China is preserved in a country, which at the same time, has one of the fastest growing economies in ASEAN.
Cambodia is a great place to live and work, why don’t you give it a try?
We are looking for YL, GEP, BEP and EAP teachers, those with at least one years experience are preferred as are teachers with current IELTS examiner status and teachers with experience using Moodle. A minimum commitment of 12 months is required.
ACE is accredited by NEAS, an Australian ESL industry standards body, and the minimum requirement for all applicants is an undergraduate degree plus a CELTA, or accredited equivalent.
All applicants will be required to provide original or acceptable certified copies of certificates. An equivalent ESL qualification should contain at least 120 hours of classroom instruction, usually intensive over a four-week period, a practical teaching component and should be accredited by a recognized body. ACE is unable to process applications which do not meet these requirements.
Salary and Benefits
- Highly competitive salary
- Most liberalised employment and tax regime in region
- Group accident and hospital and surgical medical insurance cover
- Highly motivated Cambodian and International students
- Extensive teachers’ resource centres, at international standards
- Teacher professional development sessions offered each term
- Comfortable and modern teaching environment
- 22.5 teaching hours a week
ACE is an initiative of IDP and is committed to protecting the rights of children and may request evidence of current police clearance.
Please send the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Your updated CVs & Cover letter
- Certificates along with the transcript
- Degrees together with transcript
- A valid passport pages
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
For more information about ACE, please check our website https://acecambodia.org/
Company: Australian Education Management Group
Position: EAP Educator
Australia Education Management Group (AEMG). has an ever-growing portfolio and programmes expanding into a post-covid world. AEMG is excited to offer the chance for qualified teachers to the opportunity to apply for a position and work as a Foreign Teacher with our ever growing English for Academic Purposes (EAP) programmes into China.
AEMG has a number of collaborative arrangements between Chinese Universities and Universities in Australia, New Zealand, and the UK enabling students to study part of their undergraduate and postgraduate degree in China and overseas. The EAP Teacher will assist the English Language team to coordinate, develop and deliver AEMG Academic English Language Courses. The students you teach will be completing a major university, as well as EAP courses; where they will have the opportunity to transfer to a western institution.
The role will be involved in a co-teaching model to ensure seamless course delivery and will include a mentor system to assist in the support of Teachers in China.
We welcome applicants with the following qualifications:
– CELTA qualification
– Bachelor’s degree in relevant field
– Full-time teaching English language programs for an undergraduate degree
– Minimum of one-year EAP teaching experience at a recognised provider.
– Online teaching experience
– Demonstrated ability to prepare and present student-centred lessons aligned with course and learning outcomes.
– Experience in using a learning management system to assist and enhance the delivery of subject content
– Excellent student/classroom engagement.
– Knowledge of assessment and moderation processes
– Highly developed communication and organisation skills
– Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in a team
– Fluent English speaker
Please contact David Beltrame – email@example.com or 0473 160 016
Company: Australian Institute of Language
Position: ELICOS Teachers (Casual)
Australian Institute of Language (AIL) is a Registered Training Organisation and CRICOS provider. Situated in the heart of Melbourne CBD, AIL enjoys an industry reputation – NEAS endorsed centre, NAATI endorsed course provider, AEAS official partner, and one of the largest official IELTS test centres in Australasia, offering both computer-delivered and paper-based IELTS test service to test takers.
AIL offers a range of ELICOS programs including General English, IELTS Test Preparation Courses, and EAP.
Our College prides itself on attracting the highest quality English teachers with a passion for language learning and international cultures. We require that all teachers hold the relevant qualifications to teach, and have a passion for language teaching.
● NEAS recognised qualification in TESOL (CELTA, Master of TESOL and etc.)
● Bachelor Degree in any discipline
● A deep knowledge of English grammar, vocabulary and pronunciation
● A great passion for teaching
● Bachelor, Diploma or Masters in Applied Linguistics, Teaching or Education
● Previous ELICOS teaching experience
● NEAS Quality ELT Professionals are highly preferrable
● Experience as an IELTS Examiner (for IELTS Test Preparation Course only)
● Native proficiency in English
● Proficiency in the International Phonetic Alphabet (IPA)
● Some understanding of the ESOS Act, National Code and CRICOS regulations
General Responsibilities ● Teach a variety of ELICOS classes, incorporating both face-to-face and online components
● Prepare lesson plans with dynamic activities designed to engage and inspire students
● Focus on supporting and assisting students taking into account students’ individual learner differences and learning styles wherever possible
● Give students regular tests in line with the Assessment Schedule and syllabus
● Be aware of the curriculum requirements for each class taught
● Follow the learning outcomes detailed in the syllabus
● Keep a record of content and activities completed in the class in the teaching records
● Keep accurate records of students’ attendance and punctuality in accordance with the ESOS Act
● Maintain a clean personal appearance and dress in smart casual
● Bring in original games and ideas to the class
● Organise and run excursions in a responsible manner with appropriate
● Report and problems with students progression
● Undertake suitable training and staying up-to-date with the latest teaching techniques and resources.
● Attend and participate in teachers meetings as required
● Refer students to other staff such as student services or the Director of Studies when the student has questions/problems that are beyond your expertise or knowledge
● Assess students’ proficiency for their graduation certificates
● Advise students with independent learning strategies outside of the classroom as appropriate
● Contribute to the ongoing development of teaching materials for shared use with other teachers
Report to: Director of Studies/Academic Manager
Hours: 8:00am to 9:30pm (maximum of 5 hours per day)
All applicants must have appropriate working rights in Australia. All applications should be sent with a CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org Only applicants who will receive an interview will be contacted.
Company: Discover English
Position: Casual English Teacher (ELICOS)
Discover English is an award-winning English School, opened in Melbourne June 2010 with the objective of being one of Australia’s premier English language colleges. All courses at Discover English are approved by NEAS and ASQA, and the college is a member college of English Australia.
We are seeking qualified and experienced English Language Professionals to join our team.
ABOUT THIS ROLE
• Provide quality learner-centred ESL lessons
• Teach up to 25 hours per week
• Teaching either face-to-face, online or hybrid
• Provide feedback to students during teaching hours
• Monitoring students’ attendance and progress
• Willingness to actively participate in professional development and contribute positively to a culture of continuous learning.
• Complete a range of administrative functions in support of the course being taught, including marking tests and entering results in the Student Management System
To be successful in this role, you should have:
• a recognised degree or equivalent;
• a recognised TESOL qualification; and
• a proven track record in teaching a diverse range of students
HOW TO APPLY
If you meet the above criteria, please email your CV and cover letter to Joanna Kelly, email@example.com
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Company: EF International Language Campus
Position: English as a Second Language Teacher
Since founded in Sweden in 1965, EF has helped millions of people see new places, experience new cultures and learn new things about the world and about. We are looking for passionate, professional and dedicated English Language teachers to join one of the largest private education groups in the world and a multicultural and diverse community working across more than 600 schools and offices in 50 countries
EF International Language Campus (Sydney) is located in Chippendale, at the heart of Sydney’s student neighbourhood. We deliver General English, English Exam Preparation, Business English and English for Academic Purposes courses for international students.
Our classes are delivered face-to-face over two shifts Monday to Friday between 8.30AM-1PM, and 1.30PM-6PM. Applicants should be able to teach some mornings and some afternoons across the week.
We offer Casual contracts with flexible arrangement, and the salary is determined by the applicant’s qualifications and ELT experience (adults & children). The contract will be subject to the provisions of the Educational Services (Post-Secondary Education) Award 2010.
We offer regular Continuous Professional Development to our teachers, and a fun vibrant work environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in any major.
- TESOL qualification (e.g. CELTA or Certificate IV in TESOL).
- Statement of hours for any previous ESL teaching experiences. Note – it isn’t required to have prior experience.
- Two recent references.
- Current Working With Children Check.
- Full vaccination against COVID-19.
- Aims-driven lesson planner.
- Able to connect with all kinds of people and be the ‘face’ of the school.
- Active collaboration with colleagues, one-team mentality.
- A desire to keep learning and grow within an establish education organisation.
- Flexible & reliable.
- Creative spirit.
To apply, please contact Ruby Zhuang – firstname.lastname@example.org
Company: Explore English
Position: Casual English Teacher (ELICOS)
Explore English offers English language programs to international students who wish to improve their English language skills for further study, international communication, personal development or for business and professional purposes.
As a teacher, you will be responsible for the delivery of high-quality and effective lessons to international students. This includes utilising technology that is available in the classroom and providing interactive lessons. It is expected that a range of hands-on activities is incorporated into lesson planning that provides students with a quality learning experience. There is an expectation that marking, lesson preparation and general course administration are completed in a timely manner.
• Providing educational activities ensuring the highest standards of teaching and learning are provided to all students in accordance with the Centre’s strategic goals
• Teaching a range of ELICOS programs to international students
• Participating in extra curricula activities that enhance the students’ experience
• Participating in staff meetings
• Completing all necessary administrative duties to ensure compliance (work records, student attendance, assessment marking, student results and other data entry)
• Providing academic advice to students
• Engaging and interacting with students in order to promote a friendly, fun and creative learning environment
• Possess excellent communication skills, both written and oral
• Be passionate about teaching
• Have a proven record in implementing and supporting flexible and innovative approaches to teaching and learning and the use of new technologies
• Willingness to participate in and contribute during professional development sessions
To be successful in this role, you should have:
• a recognised degree or equivalent and
• a recognised TESOL qualification; or
• a recognised degree in education with TESOL method
• Working with Children`s Check
If you meet the above criteria, please send your CV and cover letter to Anna Young, Academic Manager email@example.com
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Company: Holmesglen English Language Centre
Location: Victoria, Australia
Position: Course Tutor / Program Reviewer
Holmesglen English Language Centre (HELC) is an expert in providing English language services to international students at Holmesglen Institute of TAFE. In addition, it provides the Adult Migrant English Program and several teacher training programs.
Among these teacher training programs is the widely recognised CELTA. HELC is looking for someone to perform in the role of main course tutor in an upcoming course. Ideally this is someone with a solid breadth of experience with CELTA who may be willing to commit as a freelancer. Given the proposed format of the course (low intensity over several months), the best candidate may be Melbourne-based but we are willing to consider alternatives.
HELC is also looking for someone suitably qualified who may be willing to undertake a review of our CELTA program and posit alternative delivery solutions. The person chosen to conduct this review may also perform as the freelance Main Course Tutor but we welcome enquiries from those who would consider these projects independently.
Interested candidates should contact Adam Kilburn, HELC’s Head of Centre at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Company: Holmesglen English Language Centre
Location: Victoria, Australia
Position: ELICOS teachers (Casual)
Holmesglen English Language Centre (HELC) is an expert in providing English language services to international students at Holmesglen Institute of TAFE. In addition, we provide the Adult Migrant English Program and several teacher training programs.
We are seeking experienced ELICOS teachers to prepare and deliver English pathway courses to international students preparing for vocational and higher education. Our classes are delivered face-to-face Monday to Thursday from 9:00am to 2:30pm.
NEAS-recognised TESOL Qualification (CELTA, Certificate IV in TESOL)
Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (TAE40116)
Please contact Andrew Palmer, Program Manager International at email@example.com or 03 9564 2751.
Company: ILSC Education Group Australia
Location: Brisbane, Adelaide, Melbourne and Sydney
Position: Casual English Teacher (ELICOS)
Casual ELICOS Teachers ILSC Brisbane, Adelaide, Melbourne, Sydney
ILSC Education Group Australia
Overview of role
ILSC Education Group is one of Australia’s largest and fastest-growing language schools, known for the quality, rigour and variety of programs that are tailored to best meet international student needs and interests. ILSC Programs include General English, English for Academic Purposes, IELTS Preparation, Cambridge Preparation, and a variety of engaging Elective classes.
The Casual ELICOS Teachers play a crucial role in engaging ILSC students in their English language studies, ensuring best practice in L&T methodologies, classroom management, assessment, and use of educational technology; being a successful mediator between a descriptive curriculum and student goals and needs; supporting student academic progress and student satisfaction; ensuring academic integrity at all times; working collaboratively and constructively within the teaching and broader teams; completing all administrative and reporting tasks as required; and adhering to relevant ILSC Policies and Procedures.
Casual ELICOS Teachers will represent ILSC’s core values internally and externally, upholding a collaborative and supportive staffroom ethos, and participating actively in sector Communities of Practice and Special Interest Groups.
Casual ELICOS Teachers are supported by the ILSC Head Teachers, report to the campus Director of Studies, and are engaged under the terms of The National Employment Standards (NES) and the Educational Services (Post-Secondary Education) Award 2020.
The Teacher duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following tasks:
• Teach a variety of multimodal (face-to-face, online, and/or hybrid) ELICOS classes (teaching roster and total weekly hours to vary based on operational need)
• Work collaboratively with ILSC Head Teachers and other ILSC Teachers
• Prepare and upload clear lesson plans prior to each lesson
• Perform periodical analyses of student goals and needs against set learning outcomes
• Embrace a principled communicative methodological approach
• Engage students in their learning through a student-centred teaching philosophy
• Enhance classroom learning and teaching by implementing new resources and technologies
• Provide students with regular formative feedback, including writing tasks and summative academic progress reports, in accordance with ILSC guidelines
• Be alert to and escalate student welfare concerns as appropriate
• Complete all teaching-related admin accurately and within required deadlines
• Attend and actively participate in Session Meetings & Professional Development Sessions
• Actively contribute to ILSC’s positive learning ethos and inclusive, collegiate staffroom culture
• Commit to reflective practice (self/peer observations, engaging with ELT literature and trends)
• Participate in and represent ILSC in SIGs and CoPs
• Other related duties or projects as determined by the campus Director of Studies
Key Selection Criteria
Education and Experience
• Recognised Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent)
• Cambridge CELTA or Cert IV TESOL (or equivalent)
• Excellent understanding of TESOL methodology, programs, and assessment practices
• Experience with online learning management systems and multimodal delivery
• Demonstrated focus on continuous professional development (English Australia CPD Framework and NEAS CPD Points highly regarded)
Skills and Attributes
• Passionate about English language teaching and international education
• Excellent people skills and ability to engage students of all levels and backgrounds
• Sophisticated intercultural awareness and communication skills
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Willingness and flexibility to teach across different course types and levels
• Effective time management skills to meet sessional deadlines
• Ability to deal with unexpected issues and differing student needs
• Ability to problem-solve under pressure or escalate as required
• Excellent collaboration skills
• Ability to work autonomously as well as within a team
• Excellent organisational, administrative and computer skills, including MS Office (MS Teams desirable)
• Excellent work ethic
• Professional appearance and demeanour
• Current Working with Children Check (as per state requirements)
• Full Australian work rights
To apply via the Seek portal, please include:
• Your updated CV
• A one-page cover letter specifying:
1. The campus you are applying for
2. How you meet the requirements of the role (please refer to above Job Description)
3. How you have developed professionally over the last two years, including your skills with classroom technology
Successful applicants will be invited to an in-person group interview.
ILSC Education Group is an award-winning global educator that delivers quality educational programs using a dynamic approach that responds to student interests. Our largest and longest running division, ILSC Language Schools, has been offering language training programs to international students from more than 100 countries since 1991. We also offer a range of programs through our Colleges, Corporate Training, and Continuing Education divisions. Since opening its first school in Vancouver, Canada, ILSC has become a world leader in language and career training, and has grown to include eight incredible locations around the world, in Vancouver, Toronto and Montréal, Canada; New Delhi, India; and Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne and Adelaide, Australia.
ILSC’s Mission & Core Values
Our mission is to keep developing ILSC as one of the finest schools for language and career education where people have excellent and transformative learning and living experiences.
We collaborate & learn: The ILSC community collaborates together and learns from one another, both locally and globally.
We inspire & transform: We deliver academic excellence, we inspire growth and we transform lives.
We respect & celebrate: We respect one another and celebrate our diversity, creativity and a job well done.
ILSC Education Group currently has a mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination policy in effect, and all new hires will be required to provide proof of full vaccination on hire. ILSC Education Group will provide accommodation to anyone who is unable to be vaccinated against COVID-19 for a Human Rights protected reason, to the point of undue hardship, in accordance with the applicable statute.
For any questions regarding the role, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
National Academic Director, ELICOS & Pathways
Company: International House Sydney
Position: CELTA Trainer
The CELTA Trainer contributes to the development and coordination of the IH Sydney CELTA program, both part-time and full-time, online and face-to-face. The CELTA Trainer is also responsible for teaching the IH Sydney CELTA program following course requirements as set out by Cambridge Assessment. This role supports international students on programs across IH Sydney, as needed, both pastorally and academically.
In this role you will:
– Deliver high quality teaching and learning to a timetable.
– Process application forms and interview successful candidates.
– Provide and maintain teaching materials including handouts, assignments, booklists and assessment papers.
– Prepare Schemes of Work and Schemes of Assessment.
– Act as a main or assistant course tutor as needed, with responsibility for identifying necessary support for CELTA trainees and make any necessary arrangements to ensure that the students are successful and achieve their goals.
– Track and review student programs and maintain student records including maintaining accurate records of assessment, attendance, and punctuality.
– Act as an advocate for the CELTA trainees in respect of their pastoral and academic experiences.
– Attend promotional events to publicise IH Sydney and IH Sydney CELTA activities.
– Contribute to the compilation of publicity materials.
– Communicate effectively with other team members including liaising with colleagues at the International Office on matters of teaching, assessment, reporting and profiling.
– Participate in course team reviews and evaluation.
– Respond to curriculum development and new course initiatives originating from within IH Sydney.
– Advise on resource requirements for effective implementation of programs.
– Liaise with examination boards.
– Provide leadership in relation to specific aspects of the CELTA provision.
– Attend course team meetings and participate in the development of programs at IH or other College department as required.
– Develop links with other Institutions regarding work placement opportunities for the IH Sydney CELTA trainees
– Maintain personal research or professional practice in own specialist area for own personal professional development.
– Undertake health and safety duties and responsibilities as appropriate to the post.
– To actively advance equality of opportunity and foster good relations within the IH community.
– To adhere to IH Sydney’s equal opportunities policies, procedures and practices.
– Undertake such other duties as may be require to commensurate with the grade, at the initial place of work or at any other College site, as agreed with the CELTA coordinator.
What you’ll need to succeed:
– Accredited to be CELTA tutor by Cambridge
– Recognised and current TESOL qualifications and relevant postgraduate qualifications (DELTA/Trinity DipTESOL/MA TESOL/etc.)
– 5+ years experience teaching English in various contexts
– Strong IT skills and digital literacy experience
– A passion for maximising student engagement and student academic performance
If you are interested in this position, please contact Taylor Dutton – email@example.com
Company: Whites Hill State College
Position: ELICOS Teachers
High School Preparation (HSP) at Whites Hill State College, Camp Hill QLD is seeking qualified ELICOS teachers who possess sound digital skills and an enthusiasm for international education. Teachers will need to be registered with the Queensland College of Teachers. The current offer is for a contract starting 11th July 2022. For further information, please contact Ms Andrea Pugh, firstname.lastname@example.org or 0434607509.